Houston Car Accident Insurance Claim Denial Attorney
Have you experienced a Houston car accident insurance claim denial? Did they refuse to cover your medical bills? These are common problems faced by insured drivers in the aftermath of an accident. You paid your premiums, obeyed the law by driving insured, but the insurance company is playing hardball and refusing to pay.
If your claim payout is low or denied, a Houston car insurance claim denial attorney at Powers Law Firm can fight the insurance company’s decision on your behalf. You deserve a proper settlement, and we demand it.
Car Accident Claims
Accident claims may involve more than replacing a bumper and broken taillight. In the weeks after a crash, many variables can be part of your claim:
- Medical Bills. Will future surgeries or physical therapy be needed? The extent of an injury and cost of rehabilitation will take time to uncover.
- Lost Wages. If you can’t return to work due to injuries, current and future lost wages will need to be calculated before a final settlement.
- Vehicle Damage. Pricing exterior body panel and paintwork can be quick. But more extensive mechanical damage, like to the engine, transmission, and fluids, will require prolonged estimation.
- Pain and Suffering. Injuries can cause more than pain. Life changes due to disfigurement or emotional damage can lead to pain and suffering.
Insurance will often take each variable and use data from national averages to calculate your settlement. You are treated like a number, resulting in a payout that does not accurately represent your economic recovery. A Houston car accident insurance claim denial attorney at Powers Law Firm has the experience needed to calculate the value of an insurance claim and demand that the insurer make an adjustment.
Avoiding a Car Accident Insurance Claim Denial
After your accident, take these steps to avoid a bad faith claim:
1. Gather evidence. There is a plethora of information from the accident scene that you can provide to the insurance company. The more data they have, they less likely your claim will be underpaid or denied. The car accident insurance claim denial attorneys at Powers Law Firm recommends that you collect the following information:
- Names and contact information of witnesses
- Photos of the accident scene and vehicle damage
- Photos of injuries
- Detailed notes recalling your version of the events
- Police report from the accident scene
2. Don’t Admit Fault. Saying, “I’m sorry” after an accident is a common response. This can appear to place you at fault, and insurance may use it to deny your claim. Let the evidence of the accident determine the cause of the crash.
3. Contact Powers Law Firm. If the insurance company is offering a low settlement or denying your claim, call Powers Law today for a consultation. Attempting to recover damages on your own can be difficult, and insurance companies push you to take a low offer. A Houston insurance attorney from our law firm can help.